Anonymous
Q:

How can I politely ask my colleague/friend to let me write the article since both of us were asked?

The Project Manager of our school asked both of us via mail if we could write an article on this event we organized. She saw the mail earlier and said she would love to do it. She did not care to ask me where as I did. She replied that she wanted to do it if I were okay with it. What do I do? I want to do it as well. But I don't want to come off as mean or snobbish. I know she's nice. But I should have been asked.
In Topics: Motivation and achievement at school, Friendships and peer relationships

|

It can be a tricky situation, but be honest with your colleague/friend.  Explain why you want to be the one to write the article and the angle you would take.  It might be that she feels obligated to write it and not add the extra stress to your life.  If she still is insistent about writing the article, be sure to tell her how hurt you were that she didn't even ask you.  You may even want to contact the Project Manager to see if you could write a different article about the event (from a different perspective).

Good luck.

Barb K
www.LessonPop.com

1
0