Karenmom asks:
Q:

Why is pomegranate so popular now...marketing?

Until a couple of years ago, I never heard anything about Pomegranates and suddenly it is everywhere and in everything.  Has the miracles of Pomegranates just been discovered and is it actually that beneficial to you or is it just a new marketing strategy.  

I like to buy Cranberry Juice-100% juice, no sugar added and I can't find it anymore, in my grocery I can only come close by buying Cranberry & Pomegranate.  Is there a reason for this?
In Topics: Nutrition

|
BigSis

Best Answer!

I've noticed that as well! Pomegranates seem to be everywhere and in everything like you mentioned.

Pomegranates have always been beneficial to ones health, but they recently gained popularity due to marketing and higher demand. I remember seeing plenty of recipes in last year's holiday issue of Cooking Light magazine and it was being used in salads, drinks, dessert, etc.

According to Consumer Reports, pomegranates have a higher amount of antioxidants compared to blueberries, cranberry juice, green tea or red wine. This could explain why your Cranberry Juice has been mixed with this potent fruit.

Scientific research has also shown that pomegranates have the ability to fight heart diseases, which might be one of the reasons why more people are consuming them.

Sorry to hear that they have replaced your favorite Cranberry Juice- I also dislike it when they change a good thing. The only advise that I can give you is try and find a brand that carries your juice (hopefully 100% Cranberry is still available somewhere).

Thank you for bringing this topic up, I definitely learned more about pomegranates- thanks to your question.

Hope this helps and good luck!
1
0