mayfieldga
mayfieldga , Teacher asks:
Q:

Can others see the other possibilities of this upright rectangle?

I hope others can see this upright rectangle as a possible way to understand and use mental stress in way to help children and adults improve thinking, learning, motivation to learn, and improve mental/emotional health.

I try to visualize an upright rectangle representing our full mental energy supplied to the mind for learning and dealing with new learning.  Say you have a 3 or 4 year old who learns quickly.  I feel young children have most of that mental energy to learn more easily.  As we get older, we accumulate more layers of mental frictions that take away more mental energy, so we have the same mental energy but more is taken up by average stress or layers of mental frictions.  For example the savant has many places in the mind that are not functioning; however, in rare instances the savant has say, an area such as math, music, etc. that is working just fine.  I am thinking in this case mental energy that would normally be distributed throughout the mind is now being channeled to a more confined area, thus the much improved skills in those areas.

I feel we can use layers of mental frictions to help show how individual environments greatly affect learning and help students and adults continually improve learning and even improve mental/emotional health.  I feel there are many applications for this idea. Site hopefully will help explain.  I feel this could open up a whole new field for teaching and learning for everyone.
http://learningtheory.homestead.com/Theory.

|