Nickie2012
Nickie2012 asks:
Q:

What is the possibility of having an autistic child?

My fiance has autism on both sides of his family.But he does not have it.I don't have autism in my family history that I know of.I'm pregnant with his child.His older sister has 3 autistic children, but she says She got the carrying gene from her dad because she was first born and it skipped her father.So what is the possibility of having an autistic child?
In Topics: Autism & Aspergers Syndrome

|

LynnKudlacz
LynnKudlacz , Teacher, Student, Parent writes:
As of today, there is no proven cause for autism, so there is no way to prove that it is a condition that can be passed down. There is a higher statistical amount of children with autism being with parents that have a bipolar diagnosis, but this is not in all cases.
There is currently no autism gene proven and doctors continue to argue on why children have the condition. Many say that it is a chromosomal abnormality, while others say it's vaccines or other outside stimuli. All you can do is do the best job you can for your child.

0
0