sexylady28
sexylady28 asks:
Q:

How can i potty my 3 year old daughter

its very hard for me to potty her me and my mother started her potting at 1 years old and she had no problem going to the bathroom i even showed her how it looks and now that she is 3 she still having problems can u tell me what to do or give me some tips.
In Topics: Potty Training

|

I'm sorry to hear about your challenge with potty training your daughter. I'm linking below expert strategies and tips you may find helpful. Good luck, and thank you for asking!

2
0
wyatt
wyatt writes:
just make her sit on the toilet until she pps

1
0
Verlin
Verlin writes:
Well my son got potty trained because I bribed him with candy(m&m's). But first I had him in the diapers that had the trians on it. And, if the trains went away then he did not get the big green tractor sticker. So that didnt work. So thats when i started to give him m&m's.

1
0
LouiseSattler , Child Professional writes:

Potty Training is a very frustrating stage for all involved.  The key is to reduce the stress and increase the reward.

First, allow her to spend some time in the bathroom for no other reason than to get familiar with all the "technology" in the bathroom.  Toilets, are often scary for young children.  Sometimes, children have a fear of being "flushed", so they will not sit on the big toilet.  Consider buying an insert for the child, so that she will feel more secure. Allow her to flush the toilet several times to see all the mechanics.

Second, make toileting fun!  There are a few ideas that were shared with me by experts in the field.  You can place a doll on a doll potty at the same time that your child is using the toilet.  Have your child pretend to read to the doll which will mean she in turn will need to sit on the toilet longer.
Place a little liquid in the doll potty and reward the doll.  If your child also has urinated applaud her efforts, too!  Always praise for sitting even if no urinating happens.

Third- Food dye is a wonderful potty training "tool".  Encourage your child to urinate and then add a drop of food dye to show how their "yellow water" can turn orange with a drop of "red".  This will encourage the child to continue urinating in the potty.  Only use one or two drops to prevent toilet stains.

Fourth- Bowel movements are trickier as some child will refuse due to fear or constipation. Try high fiber diets (fruits, vegetables and some juices) to help the bowel not be constipated.  Try and track when your child is most likely to make a bowel movement, such as after a meal.
Don't be discouraged.  This is a tough stage and bowel movements are fraught with anxiety.  Seek your pediatricians advice, if you wish.

For more information about potty training you may wish to consult these books in addition to the great information here on Education.com

Baby and Toddler Instructions by Blythe Lippman
The Birth to Five Book by Brenda Nixon

Owner of Signing Families™  (http://www.SigningFamilies.com)
Host of Learning and Laughter with Louise  (http://toginet.com)

0
0
BigSis
BigSis writes:
My sister watched a potty training video (short cartoon) and she also had an "A, B, C" book which she used as her potty book.

0
0