alk12559
alk12559 asks:
Q:

How do I potty train my 5 year old boy?

trying to potty train but he dosn't show any interest or proboem with having wet and dirty pullups.  I have tried all the little tricks from my 3 older girls but it is not working for the 5yr. old boy.  I even bought a special potty chair that sings to him and makes realistic noises when in use.  PLEASE can anyone help me with this problem.
In Topics: Potty Training, Bedwetting

|

I would start by going to your library and get some books for him like "Everybody Poops" and read them together.  The working philosophy is "you are going to be trained"  He is at five in control of his sphincters. Set up a chart with stars for days when it happens and leave blank when it doesn't.  Also, you can find in the internet targets to float in the toilet for him to aim at as a boy to train urination.

Get creative and you will find him responsive.

1
0

oc1320
oc1320 writes:
Did you ever find anything that worked?  I am having the same problem with my 5 year old boy and nothing works.  I don't really want to do therapy, but it seems to be the only thing left.

0
0
Anonymous