tinamae
tinamae asks:
Q:

Potty help with my "almost" four year old

My daughter will be four next month and we've tried everything to get her to go on the potty.  I've read books and articles. We offered rewards and made charts. All of which say to see the pediatrician first to rule out any medical issues.  My pediatrician first told me to let her sit in her wet pull-up so she's uncomfortable (it didn't phase her). Then, he told me to get a book.
We decided to throw away the pullups, but she hold her urine ALL DAY. When it gets too much for her, she will tell us she has to go potty and even sit on the potty.  That only lasts a minute or so and then she says she doesn't have to go and continues to play.  Much later then, she usually wets herself.  She usually wets herself a couple times during the night as well and I've recently reverted back to pullups at bedtime(against my better judgement).  If i put the pullup on too soon she will deliberately go in the pullup. She seems like she wants to use the potty but something is holding her back.  She'll even tell me "I just don't know what to do", but she does know how to hold it in.  Does this sound like a physical or psychological problem and how can I help her???  
In Topics: Potty Training

|

kemmeye
kemmeye writes:
i have a niece who's almost 3 and used to act this way but now she has stopped you should take her to the bathroom like every two-three hours because this was what i did and my niece started going to the bathroom herself and when she needed to

0
0