Dishearten
Dishearten asks:
Q:

My Pre-K daughter reads & writes her own stories, but did not pass the Gifted & Talented test.  Other kids don't know their abc's? What can I do?

My little girl has been reading for over two years, writes words and stories, counts to 100, has a photographic memory... even performs basic math. She is both creative and analytical, has a perchant for books and arts.

Something is very wrong when our kids are tracked based on these esoteric tests. I feel like marching her into the principal's office and having her read one of the books off her shelf. A simple conversation with her would tell you that she is not of the norm.

She reads at a third grade level, artistic skills far above her contemporaries, is both very articulate and an orator... What is wrong with ths picture? what can I do?
In Topics: My gifted child

|