Kidscook
Kidscook asks:
Q:

Pre-school lunch and snacks

Looking for suggestions for pre-school lunch and snacks.........
In Topics: Nutrition

|
Redwood_City_Mom
Redwood_Cit... writes:
Hi Kidscook,

I can't wait to hear other suggestions!  I have a 3 year old and I'd love some fresh ideas for his lunch boxs and snacks!  

Right now he loves things that he can assemble himself.  So I pack celery filled with cream cheese and a few raisens and let him put the "bugs on the log" before he eats them.  He also loves to make cheese and cracker "sandwiches"  (So I pack slices of cheese in one container and crackers in another).  My son's not into dips but I know a lot of kids this age love to eat little carrots dipped in hummus or ranch dressing.  

My son (and this is a little bizarre I know!) loves foods right now that he can eat off of his fingers.  So I give him a bowl of rasberries and he puts one on the end of each finger and then eats them off.  Same thing with tortellini.  (I just cook them and put a little butter on them to keep them from getting too sticky).

Hope some other parents give their ideas!

0
0
Here's a fun snack idea you might try...

Make a Nest in a Basket Snack
http://www.education.com/activity/article/nest-basket/

I'm including links to other ideas below. Thanks for asking!

0
0