lishakhanna
lishakhanna asks:
Q:

Preschool suggestion

I have a 3 year old daughter. She does not mingle much with anyone. She is very happy when alone. She goes cycling to the garden every evening with my maid. But she prefers staying away from other children. I’m worried as to why she doesn’t like being with other kids. A few relatives recommended me to put her in a preschool. Is this the right age? Will this help? If yes, can anyone please suggest a good preschool.

Thanks
In Topics: Preschool

|
nainarohra
nainarohra writes:
Hello Lisha,

With my own experience I would recommend you to enroll your daughter to EuroKids International Preschool. Its the best preschool you could ever get.

Regards,
Naina.

0
0
Hi!

I don't think that you have any thing to worry about, it takes most children a little time to adjust to being around other children, especially, if some play differently or rougher that your daughter does.

3 is a great age to begin allowing your child to interact with other children and begin to follow instruction and listen to adults.  I personally, am not a big fan of preschools and believe that Mother Knows Best, you can teach your child all the basics and build a bonding relationship and make memories that will last a lifetime.

My suggestions, check with your local library to see if they offer a "Story Time Program" for preschool aged children.  I've participated for 5 years now, and highly recommend it.  It's free, they meet once a week for stories, crafts, activities, song & dance, snacks and it allows the children to learn to "pay attention" and be with other children their age in a controlled environment.

Also, you may want to check for local programs such as ballet/tap dancing.  My daughter began ballet & tap when she just had turned 3 and it was also a great experience for her, she made friends, had fun, learned to take instruction and at the end of the year they have a public recital which was really great for her confidence.

Other suggestions are to look for preschool fitness programs in your area, swimming lessons, yoga classes & more and you can find many of these at the YMCA.  This too is a controlled environment that will care for your child, allow her to be part of a group and build her confidence.

I feel that by involving your child in activities with other children is a far better experience than to send them off to preschool...they are going to be in school for 13 years +, so it is more beneficial to the child at the age of 3,4 and possibly 5 to have a chance to be a child and meanwhile gain skills, build confidence, play, have fun with you.  They grow up so fast, so enjoy your little one now!

Best wishes & have fun!

1
0
canpanita
canpanita writes:
yes if she does not use diapers she is so ready to go to preschool.

0
0
PaulaBeckerman
PaulaBecker... writes:
Every child is a little different, but I do believe preschool is very helpful for most children.  Some children are very gregarious and welcome the chance to interact.  Other children, like yours, take a little longer to become comfortable with new friends, and need time to learn how to join a group.  As a former 1st grade teacher, and current preschool teacher, I've seen children who didn't have preschool or other social opportunities before beginning school, and who just don't know how to manage those interactions.  I recommend giving your child the opportunity to play and learn with other children, whether that's in a preschool environment, or in ballet/library/sports as someone else suggested.  3 is definitely a good age to start.  Investigate the preschool options close to you, check with other parents and find out what they can recommend.  Education.com has articles to help you know what to look for in a quality preschool.  Visit several, and take your child to the ones you think sound most promising.  Don't forget home based care - it usually involves smaller groups of children, which may be more comfortable for a reserved child.  Follow your gut feeling about which is best for you and your child, you'll know when the fit feels right.

0
0
workbee
workbee writes:
I certainly seems reasonably to try preschool at this point.   But maybe start slow.  Don't jump in with full days, 5 days a weeks.  Maybe a couple times a week for a couple hours and see how it goes.  And when she first starts see if you can stay with her for a bit before you leave to help with the transition.

0
0