lcb'smom
lcb'smom asks:
Q:

Preschool, where to begin?

I am having a hard time finding a preschool in my hometown area...am I not looking in the right places? I feel some are called preschools but are really just a daycare? Searching on the computer has gotten me nowhere. Any tips would be much appreciated!
In Topics: Preschool

|
KidAngel
KidAngel writes:
<p>Hi lcb's Mom, There is no easy answer to your challenge. I would look in your yellow pages for your hometown under &quot;Preschools&quot; and then call each one up, have questions pre prepared that are important for you as far as what do you expect of the &quot;preschool&quot; and then IF they answer your questions to your satisfaction, make an appt to have a tour of the facility. That is the only way to make sure that it is a true preschool and, that they have designated times that they are working on letter recognition, number recognition and shape recognition.  Also a learning tool of a preschool to prepare them for Kindergarten is &ldquo;play&quot;. Play is what develops a child's ability to interact, socialize, and cooperate with others.  But mostly they're kids!  These would be the 4 main areas that a true preschool should be offering within their curriculum. I hope this has given you the guidance you needed. Thank you for being an invested Mother to your Preschooler! Barbara Antinoro Kid Angel Foundation Educational Counselor Education.com Team</p>

0
0
Evers
Evers writes:
Parents really are the best resource for finding schools. Talk to some other parents in your area. Find them at church (if you go), your neighbors, at the park, the coffee shop, the grocery store. As a parent, I am more than happy to share any information I have when another parent stops me with a question. Also, what types of resources does your community have for parents? You can check with them and also with your school district office.

You can also look up preschools in you area on savvysource.com
I started with them but ended up going more by word of mouth.

Some preschools are like daycare and some are more rigid and academic. Determine what is right for your child and your family- what kind of situation does your child thrive in and then start scheduling tours. Good luck!!!

0
0
lovinglifewith3
lovinglifew... writes:
If you are interested in homeschooling for preschool - check out www.abcjesuslovesme.com  It is a fabulous website that contains an entire preschool curriculum.  This might be an option for you if you don't find what you are looking for.

0
1
AnVeSha
AnVeSha writes:
hii....i think u can go for eurokids international...my child has befitted a lot with eurokids. And he enjoyed his schooling a lot...u can go on the website and check for details...and their franchise near to you.
Best of luck

0
0