m.gloria
m.gloria asks:
Q:

can i press charges?

i have a 10 year old son and a 7 year old son.

last year a 10 year old boy, now 11, attempted to sexually assault my younger son, 6 at the time.  I called the police who directed me to social services, who took over the situation.  they offered counselling to my son, and told me to stay out of the situation, that they'd deal with it.  (it's a very small island community).

The boy that attacked my younger son failed and is now in the same classroom as my 10 year old son, who hates him with a passion.  they bicker daily, for the past 6 months.  the school knows about the situation from last year, but there is nowhere else to place the older boy.
two days ago the older boy chased my 10 year old son home, kicking him and hitting him.
A school board member witnessed the attack, and meetings are taking place to resolve the situation, but nothing seems to be done.  He's still in the same class. and they still hate each other.

what are my son's rights?
In Topics: Working with school administrators, Bullying and teasing

|