pinkie18
pinkie18 asks:
Q:

what are the pros and cons of social networking?

i am in a debate class and i am prepairing for a debate i have the negative side so i am argueing why social networking should be eliminated i have some information but its all the basics i need help now!

|
Totaltutor
Totaltutor writes:
The cons of social networking is when is the right age to join Facebook and Myspace. I think it needs to be when they are a junior in High School.  Young students are getting on Facebook too early. They are getting on facebook in the 5th grade.  Social networking can be dangerous. There are many people looking to hurt children.

0
0
BigSis
BigSis writes:
Here are some of my personal pros and cons for people 18 and over.

Pros of social networking:
- stay in touch with family and friends (has international range)
- be able to promote a cause that you support & educate others (charities, animal shelters, etc.)

Cons of social networking:
- people become addicted to these sites and spend their time on the computer rather than enjoying other activities
- strangers/hackers might be able to access personal information
- might run into people you don't care to associate with from the past or fall into gossip

I think that people forget that the internet is not a diary and they should take responsibility with all the information they post online.

Below are some interesting articles that I've come across within the past month.

Good luck on your debate!

0
0