may199 asks:

The public school in my area is tested at 575, while a school 5 blocks from us tested at 898. How do I get into the one with 898 test score?

In Topics: Choosing a school, National education standards and No Child Left Behind, State education standards
> 60 days ago



Feb 6, 2010
Subscribe to Expert

What the Expert Says:

You have raised a very good question. First, the raw scores you provided don't really tell us anything, as it is difficult to attempt to figure out what they mean without knowing the state and whether or not the score you provided is a scale score, raw score or whatever.

So here is the general response. Under the NCLB (No Child Left Behind) legislation, if your school's achievement levels are way below acceptable levels for a period of two or more years, you have the right to transfer to another school that is performing at a higher level. Thus, I would have your parent(s) call your school and ask them about how to transfer to a higher performing school.

This is as specific as I can be, not knowing the background of the scores you have provided. But it never hurts to call the school with questions like this.

Good luck!

Did you find this answer useful?
Answer this question


You are about to choose ${username}'s answer as the best answer.

Cancel | Continue

*You can change the best answer in the future if you think that you received a better answer

How likely are you to recommend to your friends and colleagues?

Not at all likely
Extremely likely