celticwoman
celticwoman asks:
Q:

being put down by a parent

my mom is always putting me down and making me feel bad that i'm sad that my grandma is really sick and i'm being made fun of at school. She says you need to clean the house up! you need to weed the garden! why do you talk like that! i can't understand you at all. who cares if you are being bullied at school suck it up. Stop crying for your aunt! you are not allowed to cry over someone who died. oh help me i'm hurting so bad because i was rejected. I can't stand it when i'm hurting a lot and people make fun of me and put me down. My grandma is really sick and i'm very scared, angry and feeling sad that she won't live much longer. I can't control what i'm feeling because i can't stop my grandma from getting gall bladder stones.
In Topics: Teen issues

|

We are sorry you are in so much emotional pain over this situation.  We hope that right now, you can find some positive and supportive people to surround yourself with.  If your mother is not providing that support, than home is probably a tough place to be.  So right now may be the perfect time to get really busy with extra-curricular activities at school or in your community so that you can be home as little as possible.  Also getting really busy with other activities will give you much needed breaks from having to worry and think about your grandmother all the time.  Worrying about loved ones is something that everybody does, but you need to take care of you too and give yourself a break from worrying every once in awhile.  Your grandmother wouldn't want you spending all your time worrying about her.  Try to create some positive times for yourself to make the difficult times easier.

Also remember to use healthy coping skills to cope with these feelings.  Doing expressive projects such as painting, writing, drawing, or music can be great ways to channel your energy.  Also exercise and volunteering can make you feel good about yourself.  Using these healthy coping skills can provide a lot of relief.  

Please take care and remember that you can call the Boys Town National Hotline 24 hours a day at the number below, free of charge.  We are here to help, you are not alone!

Counselor, NZ

Boys Town National Hotline-A Resource for Parents and Teens
www.YourLifeYourVoice.org
1-800-448-3000
Friend us on FACEBOOK today &
Access the live on-line support feature on www.yourlifeyourvoice.org  8-11p CST M-Th

0
0