Vladdeschain
Vladdeschain asks:
Q:

Question about divorce, custody and school enrollment.

My ex and i have been divorced for many years. At the time she won custody of our son in court. after many years my son, who is now 12, wanted to live with me. she agreed.We withdrew him from his current school and i went to enroll him and was told that i could not because i was not granted custody by a judge. I understand the reasoning for this but even after my ex contacted the school board and agreed to come in and sign whatever permissions they needed to enroll him they still refused, because she didn't live in the district. The only way we could is by going back to court and getting a new custody arrangement, witch could take weeks or even months. my ex is not in the best of situations, so going back to her isn't really an option. does anyone know a way to speed the process or a workaround so my child doesn't fail while waiting for a signature on a paper
In Topics: School and Academics, Working with school administrators, Parenting / Our Family

|

I'm not a lawyer, but I would check with Legal Aid.  If both you and your ex wife are in agreement, they might be able to push the ruling through.  Another idea is to contact Family Services.

0
0

Yes, try a private school.

1
1
Anonymous