dgraab , Parent asks:
Q:

What are some quick, easy exercises you squeeze into a hectic daily routine?

I'm a working mom with a sizable commute. Each weekday, I get up early, get our daughter ready for school, get myself ready for work, take daughter to school, drive self to work, work a full day, drive home, help daughter with homework, eat dinner, briefly relax with family, do bedtime routine and then sleep. Weekends are usually spent running errands, taking child to extracurricular activities, cleaning house, volunteering in our community, and spending some quality family and friend time (birthday parties, movies, board games, learning activities, festivals, museums, the beach, etc.).

This schedule is jam-packed, and it's difficult to squeeze in time for exercise (much less 'me' time!) on a regular basis. I'm also not really a fan of the gym (over the years, I've joined numerous times and didn't utilize the memberships). I know how important exercise is for the health of one's body and mind, and I'm seeking some quick and easy ways I can squeeze more exercise into my daily routine.

What are some of the ways you do it? Have favorite at-the-desk exercises? Lunch break routines? Ways to safely flex the muscles, get the blood flowing or relieve stress while sitting in commuter's traffic? Know exercises that don't take a lot of time but that burn a lot of calories? I'd love to hear from you!
In Topics: Exercise and fitness

|

Best Answer!

Use your work site as a gym.  Stretch when possible, climb the stairs, push your feet against the floor, roll ankles, roll shoulders, and head side to side and lean against the wall and slide down half way and maintain a straight back.  all little things but work.

Wayne Yankus,MD, FAAP

1
0

vdancer
vdancer writes:
I understand your question, and have some ideas for busy moms.  Here is a short blog I wrote that offers some quick and easy things you can do at home, at work, or on your way between.  

Valerie Baadh

1
0
vdancer
vdancer writes:
You can also follow my tweets on Healthy Movement, for all ages, on my Healthy Movement Twitter feed.

1
0