Leepatdi
Leepatdi , Parent asks:
Q:

Am i over reacting or is this normal for my daughter to be taught this way and will it effect her??

My daughter attends a small village school which teaches two class years together. For two years my daughter has to sit in class between boys and away from girls in her year. When a project in class requires pairs, my daughter has to work with a boy or quite often by herself! I have been in to discuss this with her teacher plus the head, and have been told that my daughter prefers the situation. I am now very worried as my daughter is never invited out of school socially. I do not see her interacting with other girls at school at drop off times and pick up times. My daughter seems to have one close friend, but she is never invited to her house, although she has been invited to ours on several occasions. My daughter sometimes tells me that she doesn't get on with certain children but tends to keep quite and say she's OK. Again I have tried to express this concern only to be told that she is absolutely OK and that i have nothing to worry about. They have even told my daughter on her own not to worry me! I have also asked school if there is a reason why she is the only child in her class segregated in this way. I have asked them if it is a social interaction problem or is it that she misbehaves in class, but they say that she is fine with no problems. My daughter on the whole has always been very confident and sure of herself but i worry about how this could effect her as her confidence seems to be decreasing. Her school has told me that this is common at her age. My daughter is
In Topics: Learning styles and differences

|