Jurmufam
Jurmufam asks:
Q:

Reading for a 6 year old

Hi
I need some help in teaching a 6 year old to read when the have a photogenic memory.  So when you read a story to him he can read it back to you at any point.  I need some ideas...we are using sight cards, writing, and covering the pictures while reading books.  Thanks for your help.

Heather
In Topics: Homeschooling

|

ronald
ronald writes:
Jurmufam,

As a start, it sounds like your child has strong auditory recall, which is very good. In teaching him to read, there are many useful approaches. With our child, we started with having him learn the letters and their sounds. Important to start with short vowels and then long ones. There are many additional approaches to phonics that are useful. Practice is important. You will find the parents guide to phonics listed in the below URL as very useful. I have also cited useful worksheets below.

Ron

1
0