cx3always
cx3always asks:
Q:

How do I register my child into school?

In Topics: Kindergarten readiness

|
This first step is to identify the school district for your home. SchoolFinder can help with that:

http://www.education.com/schoolfinder/

Enter your city, state and zip code into the search field for a listing of schools and the school district.

Next, contact the school district and find out from them which elementary school your home is zoned for, and what their district and school age requirements are for starting kindergarten.

Once you have the name of your child's designated elementary school, contact that school to find out their registration process, paperwork and deadlines for kindergarten enrollment. If the district didn't give you the school's phone number or other contact info, return to SchoolFinder to get it.

I'm also including below some additional kindergarten readiness info you may find helpful. Congratulations on this special milestone for your family, and especially for your young student!

1
1
brandi75
brandi75 writes:
i have a 2 year old and a 5 year old. me and my husband want to move to fayetteville and start my 5 year old school up there, but i do not know how to register, when or how. please help me i do not no what to do and he starts in August, even if we stay whiteville,nc still i do not know what to do. i was also wanting to see if my 2 year old could go to pre-k please help me and thank you so much. my email is brandiward75@yahoo.com

0
0
loube2
loube2 writes:
i would like my child to be register for school next year

0
0
qwas
qwas writes:
I dont now

0
0
malach
malach writes:
I was told you could register online

1
0
sugar_girl_444
sugar_girl_... writes:
Generally you need to call the school.  They will usually want to see the childs birth certificate, health card, they want proof of residence to show you are living in the area, they will want the child's Vaccinations as well (at least where I live).  

Even if you missed the registration that shouldn't be a problem.  They have to take kids in that have just moved and make room for everybody.  If you call the school give them your address right away and make them check that it is the right location.  Generally they will tell you everything you need to know if you just call.  

If you showed up with all the things I mentioned they would register the child quickly and give you any info on what you may need to send in.

0
0