younganddumb
younganddumb asks:
Q:

I am a regretful 16 year old drop out. I want to find higher education but don't know how. Is there anything for me?

i need help finding a school other than Lake Region or Winter Haven High School....
In Topics: School and Academics, Back to school, Motivation and achievement at school

|

Hello!

In my opinion, it is NEVER too late to learn or graduate.  Go to the local community college in your area (or if you are under 21 to your local school board office). They are both equipped to answer your questions about competing your education via a GED or similar program.

I commend you for asking this question and being motivated to continue your education.

Best wishes and good luck!

Louise Sattler, NCSP

1
1

MimiR
MimiR writes:
Get a GED and then go to community college.

0
1
brendawheeler
brendawheeler writes:
I was also a drop out, I know how you feel. Thankfully your only 16 I was in my Thirties before I got it together. Try getting into a GED program at an local area Adult School. Afterthat you can get scholarship to a Community College. Or see if you can get funding for a Dental Asst. Program. there's good money in that.

Brenda

2
0
It's great that you realize that you've made a mistake and are eager to correct it now!

Since you are still 16, you can re-enroll back into public school and complete the credits needed to earn your diploma.  If you have missed too many days to successfully pass your current grade level, it may mean repeating and graduating a year behind.  However, a diploma is better than a G.E.D. so not too much of a sacrifice.

Along with your parents, contact the school for re-entry information.  Upon graduating, you can then continue your education at community college and even prepare for another college or a career.  

Best Wishes!!

1
0
sadhan
sadhan writes:
yes you should go to kumon or silvan.

0
0
Anonymous