stacey3296
stacey3296 asks:
Q:

Should I report a teaching assistant?

my daughter has just started her first year in reception and one day this week when she was having her dinner she got the choice of pie or sausages and as she does not like sausage she chose pie,when she sat down she did not like pie so decided to leave it then a teaching assistant came over and said whats wrong with your pie to which my daughter replied that she did not like it to which she was shouted at by the teaching assistant and told to sit on the bench until the other children had finished to which my daughter became upset to which another teacher came and took her out of dinner hall to calm her down,my daughter came out of school 3 hours later and broke her heart to me.now my daughter will not have a school dinner and has now had to go on pack lunch,when i spoke to headmistress i was basically fobbed off and told they would sort it when i went into the school the next day i asked what had been done to which i was told that she had been spoken to,then as we walked passed at dinner time she was screaming at some other kid in the playground.surely this is not allowed especially around 5 year old children and i really want to know where i would stand n how to take this further
In Topics: My Relationship with my child's school, School safety (not bullying)

|

OhioJean
OhioJean writes:
I would absolutely report the teacher. It sounds like you're dealing with a private school, either way you need to go through their process. I would ask for a meeting with the headmistress and ask about the policy and procedures for disciplining a teacher with a temper. There is strength in numbers, so if other parents notice or you bring it to their attention you can further the pressure on the school to either replace the teacher or get her to act appropriately. If this doesn't work out you should be prepared to remove your child from the environment and be sure to tell them why you are doing so.

0
0