Laguna asks:

Whose responsibility is it to provide the costs for a one to one assistant for a child with a disablity? The school or the local education agency?

In Topics: Special needs
> 60 days ago



Dec 26, 2010
Subscribe to Expert

What the Expert Says:

Hello and thank you for writing to JustAsk,

Unfortunately, you have asked a legal type question that is specific to your circumstances.  The JustAsk column is unable to answer it with details.  Sorry.  However, a local special education group may be able to assist you or one of these websites which allow parents to post questions, such as yours:

Check here for special education information centers by state:

Good luck!

Louise Sattler
Nationally Certified School Psychologist

Did you find this answer useful?
Answer this question


You are about to choose ${username}'s answer as the best answer.

Cancel | Continue

*You can change the best answer in the future if you think that you received a better answer

How likely are you to recommend to your friends and colleagues?

Not at all likely
Extremely likely