mommy222
mommy222 asks:
Q:

What are my rights and options because my son was physically and emotionally bullied by his teacher and classmates?

Our 6 yr old son was emotionally and physically bullied at Bethlehem Christian Academy in Hazel Green Al. We were sent home notes by the teacher almost everyday, stating that our son was being disrespectful, pushing other kids, ect. We started recording the class and found out the horrible truth. When we confronted the teacher, the chapel teacher, and the principal with the recordings the abuse not only continued but got worse. I asked to meet with the board and was given every excuse possible. Our sons Dr. thinks that he has post traumatic syndrome because of it all. The school posted on their web page that they are awaiting accreditation from two companies, after speaking with both companies I got the same answer. No BCA is not a member nor awaiting anything. So many other problems that were unattended by the principal for 3 years. Our son didn't have any complaints from his pre-school or kindergarten teacher there. I contacted the Alabama State Superintendents office, because the teacher holds a teaching certificate from the state, only to be told that there is nothing they can do. No investigation not even a reprimand in the teachers permanent record so this can't happen to another child or family. Who can I contact for HELP? What can or should we do? His mis-trust and pain has carried over to another school and they can't help. They basically did the same thing.
In Topics: Private School, Bullying and teasing, My gifted child

|

If you find that no schools are up to the standards that you have for this issue in your area, than you may want to consider home schooling.  It is an option where you will be able to ensure your son's safety.  If you worry that he will not develop appropriate social skills, than make an effort to find some community organizations or programs where he will be able to interact with other children his age.  It sounds like you have truly gone to the top of the education ladder with your concerns and nothing has happened.  We worry that continued efforts will only end in the same brick walls and frustrations.  If you would like, you could consult a lawyer and see if there is any legal action that you would be able to take in this situation.  They will be able to best assist with exploring that route.  We are sorry this has been such a difficult situation and we do wish all the best for you and your family.

Please take care and remember that you can call the Boys Town National Hotline 24 hours a day at the number below, free of charge to discuss any parenting issue.  We are here to help, you are not alone!

Counselor, NZ

Boys Town National Hotline-A Resource for Parents and Teens
www.parenting.org
1-800-448-3000

2
0

kimimai
kimimai , Parent writes:
Look into the regulations for school staff as far as offenses like that.  I'd be going to the police if the principal hasn't done anything about it. You may need to contact a lawyer to see what you can do legally.

1
0
dt1972
dt1972 writes:
wow i was just looking for answers myself. my son also attends bethlehem christian academey and he is also expericening some of the same issues. it seems his teachers are never pleased with him. he came home last week and had a very stressful day, he said his teacher fussed at him all day. the principal has already told us he is going to fail but his grades  have come up so much in just two weeks.now they are saying he is being disrespectful and lying about doing his work.so discouraged dont know what to do.

0
0
Anonymous