TT77 asks:

What are my rights as a parent?

My boys' father has custody of my 3 boys. I am taking him to court to modify visitation/custody. I just for found out I am not listed as their mother on my boys' school records, and neither is their father. My boys' father's girlfriend enrolled them. Then has their father's mother as an emergency contact. I need to know how I can get her (girlfriend) off the records and get me on them. The father has been keeping the boys from me.
In Topics: Parenting / Our Family, Blended families
> 60 days ago



May 21, 2013
Subscribe to Expert

What the Expert Says:

I'm sorry this is troubling to you.

If your boy's father has sole custody of the boys, then it's Ok for your name to not be on the school records. But, the father's name should be the primary name on the school records.

Any additional questions should be directed to an attorney in your state.

Kindest Regards,

Shirley Cress Dudley
Founder and Executive Director of The Blended and Step Family Resource Center.
Author of the book, Blended Family Advicejavascript:document.answer.submit()

Did you find this answer useful?
Answer this question


You are about to choose ${username}'s answer as the best answer.

Cancel | Continue

*You can change the best answer in the future if you think that you received a better answer

How likely are you to recommend to your friends and colleagues?

Not at all likely
Extremely likely