valnsean
valnsean asks:
Q:

We are going on a road trip from Dingmans Ferry, PA to Tennessee....how can I find educational and fun stops along the way for my 10yr old son?

In Topics: Family vacations

|
Patrick08
Patrick08 writes:
It's not exactly a direct route to Tennessee, but Williamsburg, VA is full of history.  There are many opportunities there to learn about the colonial era of the country.

http://www.history.org/visit/whattoseeanddo/

There's a Busch Gardens theme park near Williamsburg as well, so you can pack in some theme park fun after the learning.

You'll also most likely be traveling along the blue ridge mountains, some of the most beautiful scenery in the country with many parks to explore.

I've ridden through West Virginia before and all I remember from that was a lot of truck stops, so you may want to get through that state as quickly as possible.

0
0
Hi!
This sounds like a great trip!!  I'm not sure what route you are planning to take, but basically if you take a direct route, you will pass through Ohio, Kentucky and into Tennessee.   If you will contact the states that you will be passing through, they will gladly send you maps and information about their state including places to stay, eat and do.  I've provided links to these states below, where you can request that information.  If you plan on passing through other states, just google the name vacation guide and that should give you some suggested sites to visit.  Also, if passing through Ohio and close enough you may like the zoo & aquarium, I've included a link and the US Air Force Museum is also located in Ohio.
I hope you have a fun & safe trip!!!

0
0