Danielle
Danielle , Parent asks:
Q:

Are you scared of toys now?

I've got to admit that I'm getting somewhat scared to buy toys these days. Perhaps a little information is a dangerous thing, as they say. But now that I know how many toys have been recalled, I'm paranoid about buying these sorts of things. Is anyone else feeling the same way?
In Topics: Toy safety

|
eliad
eliad , Parent writes:
I'm not scarred, Or at least trying too.
While I don't dispute the potential health risks. I feel like it's somewhat hyped by news reporter looking for their next big headline.
Led based paint products been around for many years, We all grew up with them.

If anything, here is the thing that concern me the most about toys safety; Toy manufactures trying lower the cost of their products by using cheaper materials and cutting on quality control. I'm afraid of one of these cheap rechargeable toys (mostly "boys toys" like remote control cars and airplane etc.) going up in flames and burning up a room or a whole house.

1
0
Seann
Seann writes:
Hi Danielle.  No doubt about it, all the news about toy recalls and regular household items exposing children to toxic substances has heightened this concern for our family as well.  We do our best to buy through reputable retailers that have a commitment to selling non-toxic products and more and more we're going "back to the basics" --- buying products made out of unfinished wood, glass, etc.

Education.com has a great article for those parents looking for a place to start.  See the link below.

0
0