darcie
darcie asks:
Q:

What should I do about a scary kind of bullying?

my son is in seventh grade at a large middle school. he came home with a piece of tape on his back last week that said rape me. I am beside myself as his mom. he had no idea it was on his back. has anyone had this expeirenc? what should i do?

|

Developmentalist

Thanks for reaching out.  As a parent my heart goes out to you.  As a professional I can tell you that research and expert opinion both indicate that you as the parent need to be an advocate for your child and take action.  Bullying does not just go away on its own.  Here are two articles to get you started.  They explain how to talk with your child and how to take action with your school.  You can copy these article urls into your address bar.  I hope you find them useful.  You will be able to help!

http://www.education.com/reference/article/my-child-being-bullied/
http://www.education.com/reference/article/Ref_What_Do_if_Your/

1
0

BMelton , Teacher writes:
Darcie,
I understand why this incident would be disturbing, and I am pleased that you are seeking guidance on how to handle this. Bullying should not be minimized, but this action is sexual harrassment. I recommend that you speak with your son's school counselor and express your concerns. Every child is entitled to be safe and comfortable at school.

Ask the school counselor what action is taken when a student is bullied or sexually harassed, and what support can be offered to your son at school to cope with bullying. Talk to your son and give him support. Encourage him to be assertive (rather than passive or aggressive) in responding to the bullying.

1
0
Meghanlavery
Meghanlavery writes:
All I know is that it is sexual harassment! I would ask the school board

0
0
liciacutie
liciacutie writes:
Bullying shouldnt be an affect in school because you guys or at least in high school or middle school and around this age kids at your age should be trying this thing called growing up i know its still going on at schools at your county but at my school bullying isnt the issue we have peer counceling at our school and nonoe hasnt been bullying fighting rates are being dropped because we have teachers that care and the help us with things we talk about the conflict..then after all the confict is settled so for advice i think your school need to have something like peer counceling then maybe the bullying would stop and whoever doing it would be suspended or no contact contract..

0
0