mammaw asks:

how can i get the school to help my 9yr with adhd to focus in class? and stop saying she is stubborn and not trying hard enough?

In Topics: Working with my child's teacher(s), ADHD & attention issues
> 60 days ago



Wayne Yankus
Dec 10, 2010
Subscribe to Expert

What the Expert Says:

Talk to your principal and the class room teacher. Start a dialog with them.  Ask your pediatrician to help. Many of us have worked with schools and can be helpful in the education process by enlightening the system about real medical issues such as ADHD. If you reach a dead end, ask for the name of an education advocate in your community who can assist you in the process of the board of education and superintendent review.

Wayne Yankus, MD, FAAP
expert panelist: pediatrics

Did you find this answer useful?
Answer this question


You are about to choose ${username}'s answer as the best answer.

Cancel | Continue

*You can change the best answer in the future if you think that you received a better answer

How likely are you to recommend to your friends and colleagues?

Not at all likely
Extremely likely