butterfly28
butterfly28 asks:
Q:

what do we do if a school will not do anything about bullying?

my 9 yr daughter 2 weeks ago tried to comite suicide at school because of this one girl and boy makeing fun of her for something that happened a yr ago . I had to rush my daughter to the hospitle because of this . And between me and my mom we have called just about everyone ranging from the principle to the admenistrater . and all the principle can say is that nothing is being done cause my daughter is the one that brung it up .

|

Move onto the super-intendent and the school board if necessary.  Also please band together other parents and make a stand together, the more voices there are the more likely they are to listen.  And be careful about how you interact with the people at the school.  You are understandably angry and upset because of what has happened, but if you go in with guns blazing, telling them how awful they are, and attacking everybody in sight, nothing will get done.  Cooperation is always more productive.  And if the school refuses to make changes that you are satisfied with, then seek a transfer or consider alternative schooling.

We also want you to focus very much on your daughter right now.  If she tried to end her life, there is likely more going on in conjunction with the bullying.  We assume she has been evaluated and is currently receiving counseling.  If not, please get her to a child psychologist for an assessment as soon as possible so that she can get into treatment.  Be careful not to focus all your energy just on the school.  Care for your child, seek out other environments for her where she can have a sense of belonging, and get her treatment.  Her well being is the #1 priority.

Please take care and remember that you can call the Boys Town National Hotline 24 hours a day at the number below, free of charge to discuss any parenting issue.  We are here to help, you are not alone!

Counselor, NZ
Boys Town National Hotline-A Resource for Parents and Teens
1-800-448-3000
www.parenting.org

2
1

CherylAnnWalker
CherylAnnWa... writes:
1. Consider changing Schools
2. Go to the school board, this is called walking up the food chain.
3. Contact you state representative.
4. Notify the police.  Make sure that the principle knows this.
5. File appropriate charges, if needed.
Every child has, by law, access to a safe, appropriate education.
6. Consider homeschooling.
7. Get Counseling for you and your child.

1
0
allymarina
allymarina writes:
Well I believe the right thing to do is call the cops and have them talk to the school principals

1
1
shalicia
shalicia writes:
suw them

0
1
akieautumn
akieautumn writes:
Same with our school they just say ignore it but it gets worse

0
0
WandaGarner
WandaGarner writes:
I told my principal my child had been encouraged to take photos .  He told me we could not do this.  I explained I would be taking legal action if my childs safety was not ensured.  They decided to take a closer look.  I also began working with my childs self esteme and encouraging him to believe in himself.  The other day one of the bullies called him "gay"  He turned and said " I do believe I have a girlfriend.  I do not see this so with you.  Maybe you have issues you need to deal with.  I am fine. "  The bullies mouth dropped open.  I found building him up and supporting him was the best thing I could have done.  I listened to him just last night talking about how he has changed.  He no longer listens to the bullies.  He now understands they are the ones with serious issues...

0
0
inez-ga
inez-ga writes:
Just go up to the school and say my daugther tried to comite suside because someone bullied her.

0
0
abigail.cole1
abigail.cole1 writes:
Ask your child what they did wrong and then tell the principal what happened.

0
0
RayNarayan
RayNarayan writes:
According to me, the school must take some strict actions for this kind of incident. You must make a group where students, parents and the school administration come together and sort out this matter.

0
0