meliharm asks:

Need more help from school with child with heath issues

I have a daughter with Cystic Fibrosis and has missed a lot of time from school due to hospital admissions.We have an IEP in place but she is so far behind and failing .Who do we contact for more help dealing with the school? It's not like next year we won't be in the same situation.My daughter's health will be the same,if not worse.The school seems like they just want to tell us Sorry but she may fail this year.
In Topics: Public School, Special education
> 60 days ago



May 9, 2013
Subscribe to Expert

What the Expert Says:

Hello and thank you for writing to JustAsk!

Goals on an IEP are often addressed regardless of the location of the child. Please ask for a meeting with school officials regarding home health education situations which will keep the goals of the IEP moving forward despite the location of the child.

For more information go to

Good luck and best wishes for your family!

Louise Sattler
School Psychologist

Did you find this answer useful?
Answer this question


You are about to choose ${username}'s answer as the best answer.

Cancel | Continue

*You can change the best answer in the future if you think that you received a better answer

How likely are you to recommend to your friends and colleagues?

Not at all likely
Extremely likely