Q:

Do we have a school of choice option in Westbury, NY?

"Our family just moved to the Westbury area from Colorado and have learned that our daughter who turns 5 November 25th meets the cutoff for kindergarden in NY. We are renting a home and have not heard very good things about the Westbury Schools. We live in Westbury, NY 11590. Is our home school the Dryden School? Is it possible to attend one of East Meadow Union Free schools? I'd transport that would not be a problem. Not sure if we have a school of choice option here as we did in Colorado? Thank you so much for your time."

Asked by Rhonda via email.  
In Topics: Back to school, Choosing a school

|
Hi Rhonda,

Congrats on this special milestone in your daughter's education: starting kindergarten!

You can get answers to several of your questions by contacting one or both of the school districts for Westbury, New York (11590). I did a search in SchoolFinder for their contact info and here are the results I found: http://bit.ly/VzNyz .

SchoolFinder also has school performance data and a "Community Reviews" section on the individual school pages, which could offer you some additional insights about how well the schools are educating children in Westbury. There may be some local parenting groups or listservs that you might collect information from about the quality of the schools there (do a Google search for "Westbury, NY parents" or something similar to find them).

I'm including some additional resources below that could be beneficial for this stage of your daughter's education and development, as well as to ease the adjustment to your new community.

0
0
daallstarz
daallstarz writes:
Hi Rhonda
I am in a similar predicament.   Did you figure out an option that works?
you may email me at [edited by education.com staff for content] so I may figure out what my options are.   Would really appreciate your help
thanks

0
0