russie
russie asks:
Q:

Can a school district force me to move because they want the land my home is built on?

I'm looking to buy a certain house in Eustis, Florida. However, I was told by some residents in that neighborhood that an elementary school is expanding and is buying up some houses in the area. I was also told that if they want the land that certain houses are on, they can force you to sell. Is that true?

|

I'm not a lawyer, but I believe yes they can take your property.  I know this happened at a school right near where I live in Palm Beach County, FL.  They bought 20 homes in order to build a new high school.  Home owners received fair market value.  

Before buy that house, I would double check with your Realtor and even a lawyer.  Also, you should be able to contact someone at the school board or in the city's building and zoning department to see what plans are being made to expand the elementary school.
0
0