tiggybear8
tiggybear8 asks:
Q:

How do I know what school district I am located in?

We're are moving in a few months, but I don't know what school to send my 5 year old son to. There are 3 different elementary schools that are located all under five miles from our new home. We don't know which one we have to send him to.
In Topics: Choosing a school

|
bob , Parent writes:
Call the school district central office.  Often they are the only resource for this information.  You can find your new neighborhood on the Education.com SchoolFinder application, then from there click to the school district page and the phone number for the district, if it was published through your state, will be listed there.

Real estate agents and apartment managers often have this information as well.

1
0

In addition to searching SchoolFinder (http://www.education.com/schoolfinder ) using your zip code to locate school districts for your area, one of the schools near the new home may also have information to help you get your child enrolled. Some districts also offer school assignment info on their website (for instance, when our family recently moved, we entered our new address in our district's online form, and their automated system informed us of our daughter's new school, which we then confirmed with the school directly).

I'm also providing some additional free resources below to support your family with the transitions you're undertaking. Congrats - I hope all goes well with the move and school year ahead!

1
0
makiyah2
makiyah2 writes:
Where moving to 95 Mt prospect ave in Newark nj what school do my child have to attend

0
0