Seahawks509
Seahawks509 asks:
Q:

can the school district provide an advocate for a parent to assist in an IEP meeting?

My aunt has a son who is diagnosed with an attention disorder. This has created conflict with his teachers and some children. My aunt only receives phone calls to inform "bad behaviors". Her son has an IEP this December. My concern and question can the school provide an advocate or support for my aunt? I happen to know first hand that she has rights and my cousin is protected under the disability act. I am a mother of an autistic daughter living in San Jose Ca formerly of Grandview, Washington and I know what my child is entitled to. So far I am satisfied with my School District. But sadly I am miles away and I cannot be present alongside my aunt advocating for her. Its not easy raising a child with any disability and made harder when you're made to feel its your fault. My aunt is putting her trust in the education system to provide a learning environment where his disability will not work against him.
In Topics: ADHD & attention issues

|