Vibrant
Vibrant asks:
Q:

What do you do when the school does not protect your child from bullying?

My niece is being harassed and assaulted by a group of girls at school however; because these girls come from wealthy families the teachers and the School Principle are doing nothing!! It was so bad last week she became physically sick . . . .she called her mother crying hysterically from the school bathroom to come get her at school!! AND THE PRINCPLE SUSPENDED HER FROM RUNNING OUT OF THE CLASSROOM! Please let me know if you find any answers. It makes me sick that kids cannot get support from the teachers and principles- it is their job to provide a safe atmosphere for our kids to learn.

|

Hey there,

Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out for some help and guidance. It sounds like your niece is going through such a tough time at school- bullying is a very prevalent and important issue in our schools. It sounds like there has been an attempt to reach out to the faculty for some help in getting this situation corrected, but nothing has come as a result of those requests. That's frustrating, it definitely is.

Most schools have an Anti-Bullying policy which they are required to adhere to and follow. It would be a great idea for your niece's mother to go into the school and ask to review the anti-bullying policy with the principal or school counselor. Find out what the school faculty should be doing, and then take steps to determine whether or not they are follow this policy. If they seem to be hesitant to enforce the policy, then you can always go up the hierarchy of command by reaching out to the school's superintendent. Also, if your family isn't finding the necessary help within the school itself, then reaching out to law enforcement is always an option at your disposal as well. Harassment and assault are both issues which law enforcement takes very seriously.

1-800-448-3000

0
0

motherwishbone
motherwishb... writes:
my daughter had the same problem and the truth is the teachers are just as much to blame. they need to stop favoring the cheerleaders and sports jocks.
my daughter told the teacher several times about this girl who made a point to say crude things out loud about her all the time. the teachers never said anything to this girl. so i told my daughter to just stand up to her. it isn't right that she can't walk into the classroom without being ridiculed and the teacher does nothing to help. my daughter got into a fight with this girl and she was suspended but the girl who picked on her every day wasn't. how is that fair.

0
0
realjack
realjack writes:
Tell the district, they've got your back...I think

0
1
Amootry
Amootry writes:
I had a similar problem with my two children in elementary school. I decided to home school. Some people ma not have that option. You will have to take it up the line to school district and carbon copy your congresman/woman. They do not like seeing that you have someone else watching them.

0
0