jack2 asks:

What school do I put a 19 year old child with disabilities that dropped out of school in the 10th grade in?

my child drop out of school in the 10 grade and she has bi-polar disorder and now she wants to go back to school. she is on a 5th grade level. what school do i put her in and where do i begin
In Topics: Teen issues
> 60 days ago



Boys Town National Hotline
Jan 11, 2011
Subscribe to Expert

What the Expert Says:

It's great that your daughter wants to further her education and get her high school diploma.  She may not be able to get the diploma if she is many yeats behind, but she should be able to get a GED.  Check with your school district admistration for more information on possible programs or referrals to progams for young adults.

If you call our Hotline, we have a large referral data base of services which includes GED intsruction and possible alternative schooling resources.  You can speak with a counselor for more support and ideas.  We are here 24 hours, 7 days a week to help parents and kids of all ages in many different situtations.  Take care and best wishes to you and your daughter.  We hope to hear you soon!


Cynthia, Counselor
Boys Town National Hotline

Did you find this answer useful?
Answer this question


You are about to choose ${username}'s answer as the best answer.

Cancel | Continue

*You can change the best answer in the future if you think that you received a better answer

How likely are you to recommend Education.com to your friends and colleagues?

Not at all likely
Extremely likely