sntgmoni
sntgmoni asks:
Q:

would like to know when does the school year start for 2009-2010.?

I am moving back to edcouch-elsa from Florida and i need to know when school starts so i can be there in time to get my girls vaccinated and inrolled. Please if you know HElp!
In Topics: Choosing a school

|
Hi, The best way to get your question answered is to contact the school or school district directly. School year start dates vary.

If you don't already have the name and contact information for your child's school or school district, Education.com has a free resource you may find helpful. It's called SchoolFinder and you can access it here: http://www.education.com/schoolfinder/

Simply type in your city, state and/or zip code to review a listing of schools in your area. Click on the school and/or district page to get its contact information.

I'm also including a link below to some information about preparing your children for Back to School, as well as a new special edition with information about childhood immunizations.

I hope you find these resources helpful to your family.

0
0
dmillerteach
dmillerteach , Child Professional, School Administrator, Teacher writes:
Check out your city in the SchoolFinder section of Education.com to learn about schools in your area. Florida has a public system based on "school choice", which means your child will have some flexibility on where she goes to school. It seems from the Florida Dept of Education Website that school districts have the right to start as early as August 17th. You should contact the schools you are interested in directly (remember charter schools are also an option) as well as the Florida Dept of Ed to make sure you are clear on enrollment procedures before the beginning of term. Best of luck!

0
0