kressler
kressler asks:
Q:

How do I get help for issue I'm having with my son's school?

We keep running into the same problem. My son keeps getting in trouble for the littlest things he does, yet others will go unpunished for aggravating him.  I am called to the school on a regular basis.  Now I have a possible diagnosis of Asperger Disorder and the school seems unwilling to work with my family.
In Topics: Working with my child's teacher(s), Autism & Aspergers Syndrome, Discipline and behavior challenges

|

I am so sorry to hear about your difficulties. If your son is diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome, he may be qualified for special services. Call the school district's special education office and ask for assistance to discuss your child's needs at school. You may also want to seek the help of an advocate in your area.

Write a letter to the school outlining your concerns and ask for a formal conference to address your son's needs. Rather than blame, be specific about what you would like to see happen. You need more support and understanding about your child's condition.
2
0

ronald
ronald writes:
Kressler,

I recommend that you meet with a school staff person  at the school level or the district level who is in special education. A special education or special needs person will help you navigate these issues with your child's teacher and principal.

Ron

0
0
Anonymous