RKSCHOOLS
RKSCHOOLS , School Administrator asks:
Q:

What makes a school best?

|

I don't think it is just one thing that makes a school best.  I agree with pigtoria that parents are a key component in a successful school.  I also think the teachers and administration are important.  

0
0

pigtoria
pigtoria writes:
Hi RKSCHOOLS,

Parental involvement.  Parents who are involved in their children’s school and are involved in their children’s learning and assignment are what make a school shines.  My second grader goes to a school with an API score of 930 and a 10/10.  Does the school have a quality teaching staff?  Maybe  The top of the line technology?  Maybe  An excellent principal who knows how to run a school well?  Maybe.  I do know we have something that make us an excellent school – a good amount of parents who are very involved with their children’s learning and school work.  At least 60% of the parents send their children to some kind of tutorial center after school; 25% of the parents tutor their children at home with various practice books from kumon, scholastics, etc.  

To be fair, a good is make up of many factors, however I feel that parental involvement contribute to a very large piece of that puzzle.

Vicki

1
0
apalm
apalm writes:
The teacher's.

1
0