Betterfuture asks:

Will schools accept my son 18 years of age and looking for another shot at high school?

In Topics: Back to school, GED programs
> 60 days ago



Allyn Anderson
Feb 2, 2012
Subscribe to Expert

What the Expert Says:

I commend your son for wanting to acquire a better education!

Public schools tend to provide education to children, if needed, until they are 21. However, most states have compulsory attendance laws, which students are required to follow. If your child is willing to return to school on a regular basis and follow the school's structure and class routines, then contact your school's director of guidance and counseling to see about enrollment.

If the student has been out of school for more than a semester or two, many young adults are not comfortable returning to a school's structure and routines. Some look for alternative programs, such as high school at night or a GED, an alternative test for the high school diploma. Consider calling your local high school for more information. Or, check out the attached web site to give you more information about the GED test. Plus, there are many more articles to explore on

Good luck in your search for more information.
Did you find this answer useful?
Answer this question


You are about to choose ${username}'s answer as the best answer.

Cancel | Continue

*You can change the best answer in the future if you think that you received a better answer

How likely are you to recommend to your friends and colleagues?

Not at all likely
Extremely likely