solmenkoo
solmenkoo asks:
Q:

How can I get the schools to help my child with ADHD, when they dont agree with the evaluation I had done  outside of school?

My son was medically diagnoised with inattentive ADHD from Akrons' Childrens Hospital back in December, after battling with the schools for 4 years to get them to agree that my son had some problems. They did an evaluation on my child to determine if he would qualify for further testing, and at the time, they felt there was no severe findings, or problems and didnt feel like they needed to pursue that avenue.  Since then I have had him evaluated for a speech/language, and it was determinded that he has a severe/moderate  but the schools dont agree with the numbers, and said he would proabably fall through the cracks.  I have been struggling with the school to help implement a plan of adaptions and accomodations whether that be a 504 or an IEP.  I get intimidated and do not know the proper questions to ask, and feel as if my voice as gone unheard.  I need a parent advocate that knows the system and will help be fight for my rights for my child.

|
dianalynnsmart
dianalynnsm... writes:
If you have the resources available you need to take your child to a pediatric psychiatrist. This will allow you to get a confirmed diagnosis and the doctor can also offer other resources that may help. After that the school will have a hard time disagreeing with a medical diagnosis.

There is also an amazing website that you can sign up to get emails from their online magazine. Just google Attitude magazine (also include ADD) and you will find awesome support for home and school.

0
0
cracked
cracked writes:
well let him be in the class room and get some one to watch him from the back of the class and see with he can work buy him self and see with me know what the teacher is talking about

0
0