Pedpa
Pedpa asks:
Q:

Can anybody help me on my science fair project: How much salt does it take to make an egg float?

I'm doing a science experiment on "How much salt does it take to make an egg float" How can I write an application for this project?

Question asked after reading: http://www.education.com/reference/article/Ref_...
In Topics: Science fair, Helping my child with science

|

greenprof2

Hi -
this is a project using the method called 'trial and error.' To start, get a good-sized bowl that will contain the egg. Use non-iodized salt. Use a standard measure. In science, we use the metric system. See if you can find a dry measure device (like a spoon) that measures in cubic centimeters. Start with 1 cc of salt and stir it into the water in the bowl until it dissolves. Decide whether you want to use a hard-boiled or raw egg - just be consistent. Try to float the egg. It probably won't float yet. Take the egg out (with a spoon) and add another cc of salt. Continue to do this and test the egg until it floats. Be sure not to lose count of the salt!

Michael Bentley, EdD, Expert Panelist

3
1

Expert!
Expert! writes:
You have to write like what's causing it's floating, what does it mean, the preparation of it, set-up, what are you doing in your experiment, and what you like about your report! :)

0
0
lala39
lala39 writes:
it takes 100 salt

0
0