Lstar
Lstar asks:
Q:

How can you do a science project with seeds using 10 variables, charts and graphs?

In Topics: Science fair

|

greenprof2

That question makes me smile. Is that the homework assignment? Well, let's start with what seeds do. They sprout (or not). So, can you think of ten factors that might influence what they do? Since it is your assignment, it wouldn't be fair for me to tell you ten things. How about if I suggest one? But first, to do this you will need to pick a type of seed that typically germinates (sprouts) fairly quickly. An example would be tomato seeds. So, to start, you'll need to a set-up in which you have eleven containers with the same amount of the same kind of potting mix, in which you plant the same number of seeds, say, three. The first one, the control, gets only the seeds. Then you add one thing different in each other one, the "10 variables." The one I would suggest you start with for cup #2 is to add water. What ever you choose to add to the other 9, be sure it is the same amount as the water in cup #1.

1
0

Hi Lstar,

The expert has provided you with a great answer.  Also, to set your 10 different variables, you could just plant the seeds (same seed, from the same packet) 10 different ways.  Soil, bought potting soil, water, salt water, moist towels, gelatin, etc.  The link below will provide you with more information concerning this experiment.  Have fun!

0
0