MADANGE
MADANGE asks:
Q:

Seeking for english courses for summer

I am sending my 12 years old daughter from france to Danville this summer for 5 weeks. The goal is for her to speak and read good english after this trip so I am looking for a school in Danville for english courses day time as she will stay with relatives.
Thanks

|
jritchie
jritchie writes:
Hi Madange,

Thank you for reaching out to Education.com with your question. I grew up in Danville, California and can attest that your daughter will be enjoying a really beautiful town this summer. A great resource for finding English language courses is Language International.com. I included a link to their site below where you can contact and enroll in courses directly from their site. Good luck in your search!

0
0
jmamable
jmamable , Caregiver writes:
Hi Madange,

One useful method I've heard about from foreign language teachers is to read children's books in the language you are trying to learn. Learning a language is the same process no matter how old you are when you start, and if you're just beginning with a language, reading very basic picture books written for 3-6 year olds can help students learn simple, common words and phrases. You can actually find tons of worksheets about basic English language concepts on this site.

Also, it never hurts to watch movies and TV shows in the language you are trying to learn! It helps students get used to the sounds and pronunciations of the language. If she has a favorite film on DVD, take an evening to watch it with the English-language track turned on.

0
0