Ehmann
Ehmann asks:
Q:

Should I send my 6 year old to school or take to doctors?

Monday sick with fever and cough.
Tuesday feeling better but by dinner time had a fever again of 100.6.
In Topics: Back to school, Physical Health

|
Hello Ehmann,

Please call your child's pediatrician (or, if available, registered nurse hotline) to discuss having your child examined, diagnosed and/or treated in person.

Also, regarding school...
Both of the public elementary schools my child has attended (in California) have asked that parents do not bring their children to school with a fever and a cough. Contact your child's teacher or principal for their school's rules with regards to fever and attendance at school. If you don't have the school's contact info handy, you may be able to research it through SchoolFinder: http://www.education.com/schoolfinder/

Good luck -- I hope your little one feels better soon.

0
0
Louiseasl , Child Professional writes:

Schools in the Mid-Atlantic area also have asked for parents not to send their child to school until they are at least 24 hours without a fever above 99.5 degrees.  

I too would recommend contacting your child's physician to make sure that you are on course to improve his health.

Louise Masin Sattler

1
0