Anonymous
Q:

Should I send my 9 year old son to High school?

His teachers have told me that he surpasses the abilities for primary and could take the final class of primary schooling next year.
This would mean that he will be 9 year old when he enters High school next year.
Will sending him at high school at this age be good for him  or should I wait until he is older?

|
MLPerry

Best Answer!

I agree with the above answer. Maybe look for tutoring that will supplement and keep him occupied. High school is difficult for kids old enough to be there. His peers would be dealing with issues that he would not be able to relate to and really, what kind of "peers" would he have. From personal experience I can say not many. In third grade I was put into seventh grade classes to supplement me and not only was the material beyond the scope of my experience (not difficult, just difficult to relate to) the students didn't like that I was there.

0
0

MichD
MichD writes:
I would personally home school my child and wait until he's a teenager to let him go to high school. It's a lot to handle even for teenagers who are old enough to be there.

1
0
moniabegum
moniabegum writes:
No because he does not have all the requirements he needs to know to go to a high school. You should wait until he is older so he has all the knowledge and understands everything step by step. Allowing him to go to high school now will stress him out and affect to problems.

0
0
kestler
kestler writes:
you should talk to the highschool and see what they think and also ask your son if he wants to go to highschool at a veryyoung age because it can he hard sometimes

0
0