Anonymous asks:

can i send my daughter to a school that is not in my area

In Topics: School safety (not bullying), Friendships and peer relationships
> 60 days ago



Aug 16, 2010
Subscribe to Expert

What the Expert Says:

Dear Anonymous,

You should contact school district office in your community and request information about an intradistrict (within the same district as your "home" school) or an interdistrict (outside of your "home" school district). The paperwork varies between each district office with different forms and processes.

There is also a great degree of variability as to whether your transfer application will be approved. For instance, if you are applying to transfer to a school that is already highly impacted, your application may be declined because there is no room for your child. However, if the school that you want to transfer to has special services that your "home" school does not provide (e.g., special education services), your application has a better chance of being approved.

Warm regards,

Laura Kauffman, Ph.D.
Licensed Child Psychologist JustAsk Expert

Did you find this answer useful?
Answer this question


You are about to choose ${username}'s answer as the best answer.

Cancel | Continue

*You can change the best answer in the future if you think that you received a better answer

How likely are you to recommend to your friends and colleagues?

Not at all likely
Extremely likely