maxybaby
maxybaby asks:
Q:

What do I do? I send my son to school but he doesn't go. I don't know where he is all day.

HE LEAVES FOR SCHOOL BUT DOESNT GO, I DONT KNOW WERE HE IS.

Question asked after reading: http://www.education.com/magazine/article/Schoo...
In Topics: School and Academics, Public School

|

First, I can tell how very concerned you are about his safety and school attendance. There are a number of explanations for what is happening- such as school phobia, peer influence, bullying. Talk to the school counselor about your concerns and involve your son in the conference. You may need to escort him to school until he shows that he is responsible.There are some strategies that may be implemented at the school to ensure that your son arrives safety and stays at school.

Consider counseling outside of the school if your son is showing signs of above normal stress, depression, or other mental health concerns. If your family has experienced a loss, your son may be reacting to the life change.

Best wishes!

0
0

Lionors
Lionors writes:
Contact his school.  Find out exactly what days he has not been attending and write it all down.  Get all your information together.

Take off work and follow him discreetly.  Find out what he's doing and confront him with it.  Show him all you've found out, so there is no possibility that he can lie to you.  (And he probably will - he already is.)  Not insulting your son, but I'm speaking from some experience with a wayward stepson of my own that we had to crack down on, and hard.

With luck, it's something as (relatively) simple as bullying, which you can take care of by talking to his teachers, bracing the parents of the bullying children or by moving him to a different school entirely if the teacher/administrators are too incompetent to deal with the bullies.  (And I say that as a former teacher who didn't put up with that kind of garbage.)

You need to take responsibility here, and fast.  Quite apart from the extremely alarming possibility that he'll get hurt, injured or involved in illegal activities, you need to know where he is, as a parent.  

The fact that you're actually asking this instead of simply confronting the issue tells me there might be some other disciplinary issues as well.  You may also want to talk to his teachers and principal and find out what's been going on at school, too.

0
0