Irishchic
Irishchic asks:
Q:

Is this sexual harassment and will my teacher understand if I told him?

My year head in school has helped me through everything I have had problems with and he has told me that I should never hesitate to come to him that his door is always open that he is there to support me, but also that I should try to sort out strategies for myself.the situation is as follows. A boy in my class keeps asking me to flirt with him over text.Asking me if I still like him (cause I used to), but also in the past he has asked me to meet him outside class to touch and as he says "flirt dirty" hes been texting me asking for me to flirt with him as that would impress him he says but hes starting to freak me out i'm just really worried when I go back to school he'll keep asking me and even start touching me, because he has asked to meet me outside toilets in school to hug and to touch my backside, this boy's renowned for this sort of thing, and it's not the first time he's said this to me.i'm just really paranoid about this situation as he is in my class.I've heard about a similar situation in the year above me and the vice principal/pastoral care had to ring social services about it.Will my teacher be mad at me for this situation? one of my best mates says she'll take me up to him but I'm embarrassed will he mind if I am?Please I don't know how he'll act.I have taken his advice and tried to deal with it but it's not working, will he mind?It's just it's not the first time this has happened please I don't know what to do. I'm scared because he told me not to tell anybody

|

There's nothing wrong with involving your teacher in this sort of situation, especially if this teacher has been helpful before.  Unfortunately, every so often, a teenage girl has a hard time with a boy who doesn't seem to take "no" for an answer.  Sometimes it's a simple matter of a boy who's really in love, and sometimes it's something more serious.  If you've tried to end contact with this boy and it isn't working, that's a perfect reason to talk to an adult.

When you see your teacher, explain what's happening, what strategies you've tried, and what your fears are.  Ask him for suggestions.  Considering the nature of this situation, it's hard to imagine that your teacher would be angry at you.

Kate, Counselor
1-800-448-3000 (24/7)
1
0

andymartinezh
andymartinezh writes:
you can always trust in your teacher. If no one do something about it you should say it to the police or your parents

0
0